Monday, April 02, 2012

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2"

OK. I know this is a tad late and the Harry Potter franchise doesn't need my help promoting it anyway. But I wanted to include it on my, "Most Inspiring Films" list - so here it is. First off, I will admit that I am a fan. I am completely captivated by the fanciful flights of the imagination in the magical world of Harry Potter. If it were on TV right now, I would be watching Harry and his friends' quest to find and destroy Lord Voldemort's Horcruxes (the instruments of his power.) Because, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" was one of the most compelling, suspenseful, awe-inspiring movies of the year and definitely the most satisfying ending to a franchise EVER.

Director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves nicely tie up all the story-lines and resolve relationship issues while sending us on roller coaster ride of adventure. But what makes, "Deathly Hallows," so satisfying is that Harry is no longer isolated in his quest. My heart cheered as the whole school of Hogwarts united in the fight against Voldemort - in one of the most suspenseful sequences I've seen in a long time.

Perhaps one of the reasons that it is so suspenseful is that I've really grown to care about these characters - hogwarts and all. In this final installment of the series, Harry finally comes to grips with his darkside. In fact, he gains greater strength and wisdom from conquering it. There is a deep satisfation in knowing that our heroes are as flawed (if not more so) than the rest of us, yet they still make a difference in their world.

Movie blessings!
Jana Segal
www.reelinspiration.blogspot.com


3 comments:

harry potter checks said...

One of the parts I love!

gman said...

Your review sounds like it comes from the soul of a wise person, one who is well acquainted with themselves. I would like to think I make a difference in my world too, and there was something inspiring in each of the movies, but especially this one. The way Neville was transformed into the conquering hero at the end was magnificent! I enjoyed watching casually on my iPhone over several days too since I saw the movie in the theater already. I used the Dish Remote Access App I downloaded on my iPhone to watch Part 2, along with the Sling Adapter a Dish co-worker gave me a few years ago. I get the live or recorded programming through the internet from my DVR. It’s sweet because I watch more TV than I otherwise would have.

Reel Inspiration said...

Hey, gman,

Thanks for leaving a comment. I agree this was such an inspiring movie! Yes, Neville being transformed to a conquering hero was magnificent! What do you think Neville represented (theme wise) in the series?

Movie blessings!
Jana